Monday, February 4, 2008

The weather outside is frightful!

That is a major understatement actually! Haha! Luckily the snow looks pretty when you are all warm and inside the house! But, we had a very fun weekend none-the-less!


Thanks to all who wore red on Friday! I had a girlfriend that wore red lipstick all day (she works for Clinique)… she got to tell lots of people about “wear red day” and she even sold lots of red lipstick too! And of course, there was a cute little older lady at the symphony who Troy overheard saying something about keeping her coat (red coat) on to stay warm… Troy told her that she should keep it on, and she can just tell everyone that she was wearing red for heart disease. She was happy to hear about it and left her coat on proudly!


And here I am sporting my red t-shirt, scarf and earrings…. It’s a terrible picture, but oh well! What do you expect on a moving train and a cell phone camera? Haha!


We had a wonderful time! The concert was great, and the lecture before was a wonderful addition to our evening. The violin soloist (Bobby… can’t think of his last name at the moment. Haha!) spoke a little about himself and the piece he was playing. It was fun to see his personality a little, and it really added to the experience of the concert. After the symphony we even went back stage as well, and met the violinist, as well as the conductor (Keith Lockhart). And I just want to add how fun it was to see so many red tops, dresses, skirts, coats, etc in the audience! It was so great!!


Here we are on our way to the Symphony (riding TRAX).

Saturday we went to Ririe-Woodbury’s Crystal and The Sphere, and the Studio-D after-party at Mikado. The show was very fun, and very entertaining! And we even got a few of our friends that don’t normally come to modern dance events to come and check it out. They all seemed to enjoy it very much! Since I am on the Board for RWDC, and Troy and I both are involved with Studio-D, we had to “work” a little more than usual at these things… schmoozing, hosting, etc. But – we still had a wonderful time!

Between all that, we shoveled a LOT of snow, and then shoveled some more! Haha! (OK… Troy shoveled a lot of snow, and I shoveled a little… thanks for all the hard work, baby!) But between the snow storms we had a fun little Superbowl party at Hickman House. I spent most of the game playing and reading with Avery, working on some SKIDS Foundation stuff, and helping someone set up a new budget… But I got to see plenty of funny commercials and had a great time! Troy loved the game…. Go NY Giants! :)

No comments: