Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Askie is gone. :( Hopefully he will come to stay again soon!

Askie left this evening… it made me very, very sad. The house is just too quiet and lonely after he leaves.

One bright spot in it though is that I know how much Askie loves being with Russ, and today Aubrey told me a story that also let me know how much Askie loves being with Brooklynn… so, it made it worth my sadness to see him go back to their house. I knew that Brooklynn loved Askie because she cried when he left with Troy and I the other day. Poor sad little cute girl. :(
It was so sweet, and she had just been showing me her dog imitation.. so cute!

Anyway… today I found out how much Askie loves her too and it made me smile. He was so very excited to see her today - it was so cute! Then Aubrey told me that the other day she walked into the living room and Brooklynn was sitting next to Askie with one of her books between Askie’s paws and she was showing him the pictures and talking to him. He just laid there listening and letting her show him the book. It sounds so precious and I am so sad that she didn’t have her camera handy… it would have been the cutest photo!

I miss Askie everyday, but it helps to know how loved he is and how much he loves them all. I know he loves me too, and it was so great to have him with me for a few days… I miss him so much already!

Oh yeah…. And here he is with the “unbreakable” toy octopus…

Yeah, right! Lasted about 2 minutes flat! Haha! To be fair... he was only able to rip the stuffing out of the center.. the squeakers in the octopus legs still work and we played with it for days.

And the cute Hedgehog that only lasted about 30 seconds but he had fun…

And its going to sound silly to everyone, but Askie was VERY happy with the new stairs! That tile was so hard for him to walk on that he hated going up and down the stairs… during this visit however, he would go upstairs and lounge on his quilt at the foot of my bed, while I was gone (he never used to do that)… I think it’s a pretty good use for my old comforter. :)

1 comment:

ede said...

cute askie !
it is funny to see him on that old comforter