Friday, February 15, 2008

Hooray for White Chocolate Covered Strawberries!

Many of you know about my affinity for white chocolate covered strawberries… and if don’t… well, they are just heavenly!! Unbeknownst to me, apparently Troy has been scouring the Salt Lake Valley every holiday for 2 years trying to find me white chocolate covered strawberries, and has never found a place that carried them – until yesterday! His Mom suggested he try a place that was, funny enough, about 2 blocks away and viola! They had, not only strawberries, but raspberries, grapes, boysenberries, etc. And all in yummy white chocolate! Yeah! Rebecca’s Chocolates is a fabulous place!! And Troy is just the sweetest to work so hard to find them for me! He rocks! And he even had them customize the packaging for me so that he didn’t have to bring them to me on a silly heart shaped plate… haha! He knows me so well— it makes me smile!


Don't they look yummy??? I had already eaten a few at this point.... yumm!!!


Our tradition for Valentine’s Day is to have a dinner at home on that night, and to go out on the following weekend when every place isn’t so crowded and insane. Last year it was Cafe Molise and the Symphony. Tonight it is the Ballet – Cinderella to be more specific. We are both very excited for the show! I saw Cinderella several years ago when Ballet West performed it, and I just loved it! The wicked step-sisters were guys in drag and it was just hilarious! So tonight we are headed off to Bambara for dinner and then across the street to the Ballet – can’t wait!


So anyway… last night we stuck with tradition and I made a yummy (if I do say so myself... haha!) teriyaki chicken dish with a variety of steamed veggies and rice (Thanks Mom for introducing me to that yummy teriyaki sauce you use! It’s the best!). I even got a little adventurous and tried making garlic snap peas… thankfully they turned out delicious! Troy said that my dinner was far better than the rice bowls we get a Rhumbi, and given that it’s one of our favorite places to eat – that is quite the compliment! Haha!


We decided after dinner to try something new and went to a Couples Yoga Workshop. It was very fun! They taught us some new partner yoga poses and some cool partner assisted stretches. It was our first time taking a class in the yoga studio at our gym and we may just be addicted now! While we love the fusion classes (Fusion is a mixture of Tai Chi, Yoga, Pilates and Meditation) they do out in the group fitness studio, the yoga studio is heated so your muscles stay warm and it has candles, blankets, bamboo floors… It’s very cool! Oh – and Troy even won a new yoga mat in a drawing, which we were very excited about! He’s been needing a mat and this just worked out perfect!


Anyway… we had a lovely Valentines Date and even took some silly photos… yes, thats me getting warmed up for yoga and posing with my yoga mat (a gift from Mom and Dad from a few years back… its still in great shape and I love it! Thanks!). Haha!

2 comments:

Janice said...

I love the Cinderella ballet. I thought the guys in drag as the step sisters is hilarious. Isn't the chorus all guys as well.
And I have to agree about the chocolate covered strawberries - except I'm more the milk/dark chocolate gal. Have a fun weekend!

ede said...

sounds like a great celebration