Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Birthday has been postponed! Haha!

On Tuesday, my birthday started out quite nicely…. I slept in, dropped my car off at the shop for a routine oil change and to check out why it was shaking a bit at about 55mph. Then I met up with Troy for a yummy brunch (and what meal isn’t great when you get bacon, avocado and cheese?!?!) and after that we headed to the driving range to meet up with Darren. The golf shoes that Troy gave me for Christmas finally came out of the box and they were GREAT! See silly photos below…

After the driving range, Troy and I headed to the mall to do a little shopping, and just goof off for a bit. We were having a lovely time, AND THEN it happened….. my car, that I stupidly love so much, decided to cost me ANOTHER small fortune to fix! Ouch!


Anyway… The rest of the day was spent looking at cars and trying to decide whether to fix the one I have, get a new one, drive the old one off a cliff or into a brick wall, etc. etc. And all the while they were telling me that my car wasn’t safe to drive and wouldn’t give it to me to drive home that night, yet they didn’t have any loaner cars either… oh the joy!


Needless to say, the rest of our plans got put on hold and I have officially moved the second half of my birthday to Saturday…. Feel free to call and sing to me again! Haha! We are going to the Ballet (which I am VERY excited for) and have decided to go out for a nice dinner that night instead. And Troy decided I had to wait until then for my present too…. The silly boy! So, I don’t know yet what I am getting from him… but I am sure I will love it… I always do! :)


So anyway…. Thank you to all those that called, emailed and sent text messages for the first installment of my BDay! It was a great first half to the day!! :) Thanks Mom and Dad for the “Fit Flops” and the adorable SHADE shirts! I love them all! In fact… I am wearing one of the purple shirts today and it looks pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself! :) Haha!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Jen,

If you end up buying a new car, make sure you let me know if you need a "friends and family" discount from GM, Chrysler, Nissan or Audi. I can get you a discount from any of these manufacturers and it will give you a set price (that is better than anything else you could negotiate) with no haggling.

I'll be anxious to see the end of the birthday story!

jennifer said...

Very good to know!! Thank you!! I just may take you up on that!

One of the cars I really like is the Nissan Murano... unfortunately Troy thinks its the ugliest car around so, I am working on that! :) Haha!

Tina (Hickman) Ottley said...

I almost want to take up golfing...just so I can have cute shoes like that.

Janice said...

HI Jen - sorry for the belated B-day wishes but I hope it was great - both Days!
And I sure know what you're going through with your car. I'm in the same boat. My rover is parked on the driveway until we can afford to fix it. In the meantime, I bought an old Jeep to get me and the girls around.