Yeah… Shelly pointed out that Saturday was actually my 4th celebration since I had the Hickman Family dinner last week, my play day Tuesday, lunch with a girlfriend (Thanks Erica!) on Friday, and then my hot date on Saturday! Still, the celebration was shorter than my usual month… haha!
So anyway, the Birthday Celebration, Part 4, was great fun! We went out to dinner at a cute little café called the TIN ANGEL and it was YUMMY! For my birthday present Troy gave me the season tickets for Desert Star Playhouse that I have been wanting… I can’t wait to go to the next play!! I love my present… gracias, mi amorcito!
After dinner we headed over to Ballet West’s “Nine Sinatra Songs” (Annual show that they used to call “Evening of Ballets” where they do a variety of pieces from different shows, variety of music, etc.) It was soooo great! We both loved the show and have been telling all our local friends and family to go see it before it closes this next weekend. Troy’s favorite piece was “Hamlet and Ophelia”, which I also loved. My favorite was the “Nine Sinatra Songs”, mostly because I am a sucker for Frank Sinatra, but the dancing was great too! It was interesting to see ball-room style dancing mixed with some contemporary ballet… at least that’s how I would describe it. It was very fun!
After the Ballet was the Studio-D After-Party at Café Molise. We mostly hung out with Mark (one of my grad school buddies) and Liberty (one of the Ririe-Woodbury Alumni Dancers) and had a wonderful time! They are both so fun, and we love hanging out with them! It was great to see all our other friends too!!
Mark has also been bugging us at every chance to put our wedding date “in pen” so that he can make sure he isn’t out of the country… Haha… I know, I know - it’s a familiar topic with both sides of the family as well! Haha! So, no this is not an official announcement but - we are working on getting all the paperwork done that we need for the temple sealing, and are still hoping to have it all done in time for us to have a fall wedding… So, keep your fingers crossed for us that the timing will work out!
Of course, the Stake President said that a wedding in Italy sounds more fun to him, and since he plans to come, he may purposely hold up the papers… Haha! Troy has been friends with him for many, many years, and he is a really great guy. And of course I really like him too because he always tells Troy what a great girl I am! :)
Anyway… yesterday afternoon we headed off to Troy’s Great-Uncle Victor’s Birthday Party. It was nice to meet a few of Colleen’s extended family members that I hadn’t met yet, and to see the others all again. And, despite the cold windy weather at the park, it was fun to help Victor usher in his 87th year!
As for the car…. I caved in and got it fixed. Troy and I are both hoping that the car will make it until the end of the year without having any more expensive repairs. By that time, Troy will be done with school, and we will hopefully have a better idea of whether we are staying in Salt Lake for awhile longer, or if we are moving to a new city... So, hopefully the car will cooperate with our plan!!
Here’s a few photos from Saturday…

I have decided that this style of dress is not very flattering on me.... but its so comfy that I just can't resist! And besides... this one matches my green shoes sooo perfect! haha!
P.S. I mentioned our new photo wall a few weeks ago... here is what it looks like so far. It's a little lopsided at the moment, but we are doing a photo shoot with Maika and Aleusha soon, and hope to get some good shots to add to the wall from that. :)

3 comments:
That sounds like a fun 4th party.
That is as close to announcing the date as you can get...and yet not really giving any info hardly at all.
You are having fun keeping us all waiting, right?
love mom
Fun birthday! And, that gift keeps on giving! By the way, the dress is really cute on you and isn't the dress just there to compliment the shoes? You looked great!
Very true... it IS all about the shoes! :)
Post a Comment