Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In Loving Memory..

The funeral was really a very nice service, and Troy and I both enjoyed seeing all of the family members. Colleen's talk was wonderful and I think she paid very good tribute to her father and his wishes to have her speak. Her brother Jerry also gave a great talk, and we all learned some new things about Grandpa. I can't recall who said this, but here is my favorite quote from the day...
"We should not pray for our burdens to be lifted, but instead we should ask that our backs be strengthened so that we are better able to bear our burdens."

It's hard for us to believe that neither of us have any Grandparents left on this earth, but we are thankful for the time we had with them throughout our lives. While it seems that it wasn't nearly long enough, we both have some fun and fond memories of our grandparents. We will try to pass those memories and stories on.

Here are a few photos from the sunny, yet VERY windy and cool graveyard~
The Group from Idaho... Rich, Joe, Cameron, Ema, Tanya, Miles, Matthew, Hannah, Daniel & Sarah
(I hope I spelled everyone's names right... so very sorry if not!)
Tina, Avery and Darren...
P.S. Tanya - I changed the settings so you should be able to post comments now, if you would like.

3 comments:

ede said...

sympathies to the entire family.
sounds like the memories and stories are goo ones.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
You are so on top of things!! Do you hire for scrapbooking?? ha-ha
The kids loved their pictures (especially Daniel) after I typed that Sarah said "especially Sarah", so it was a hit all around!

thanks for the fun week end!
Tanya

ps- the kids love to get on your blog and check out the latest pictures.

Tina (Hickman) Ottley said...

I'm a genius...posted my comment to the wrong post. Anyway...see spelling comment, on your shoe post.