The food was delicious and the decorations were amazing! The auction was a great success and so was the entertainment! All my volunteers were totally awesome!! They got everybody in quickly, served them drinks fast and got them checked out quickly at the end of the night as well!
As I mentioned, Mom's painting "Silent Tide" was a great success! I chatted with the girl that bought it and she was sooo thrilled to have won the bidding - it was great! We had about 8 paintings in the auction and only 3 or 4 of them sold... and of course Mom's was one of them! Way to go Mom!
There were also several jewelry items but Shelly's items definitely held their own! They seemed to be the first of the jewelry to get bids and both the pearls and the coral sold for over the listed retail price. Great job, as always, Shell!
Last year's event raised about $25,000, I think... I hope that we far surpassed that this year! I will let you know as soon as I find out! And I will post some more pics as soon as I get a few from the photographer! :) There are a couple below to tide you over.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all those who so willingly volunteered and especially to Troy who worked his little fanny off! You rock, Baby!
Here is me, with the mimes who were at the door, on the sidewalk, climbing the railing, etc... they worked all night to greet and entertain the guests as they arrived and left...

And here are Troy and I in the middle of the "world market" where the auction took place... (Yes, I finally just gave up on finding a dress with sleeves... it was just impossible and sooooo frustrating! I will have to start much earlier for the next event!)

3 comments:
What a handsome couple!!!
Yeah... comments from Tina! :) I hope the photographer got a photo of you too! Otherwise we are going to have to dress you up again and fake it!
Oh you glamour girl you!!
Post a Comment