Monday, March 17, 2008

It shouldn't be this hard...

I have spent several weeks now (months if you count the shopping Troy and I started in Dec/Jan when in Cali) looking for a formal dress for the event we have on the 29th.... And I still have yet to find something that I love, that I can actually wear! It just shouldn't be this hard to find a dress thats modest, and elegant looking at the same time! Instead everything looks like either a prom dress, or a bridesmaid dress... or it looks like I am trying to look like I am 19. You would think that with living in Salt Lake, I'd have a huge selection of modest, but cute dresses to choose from, but no... most of them are ugly, and it sucks! :(

Troy's Mom thankfully had a couple of really good options for me at her shop, and they are both cute and will be good for all the formal events we have coming up, but I am still not in love with them...... can't someone just make a line of dresses that are elegant, sophisticated and flattering for the woman in her 30's??

2 comments:

ede said...

Maybe this will be a new business for you....
go for it.

jennifer said...

If I knew anything about designing or making dresses, I totally would! There are a couple sites where you can get cute modest dresses for church or the office, and some of them are good for all ages. However, I need a formal and these dresses are far from.

Maybe I will have to take a sewing class...