Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hanging with the Streiffs...

Last night Troy and went to join many of the Streiff cousins in some Christmas fun! It was so wonderful to see all of them!! We got together at Charlotte and Craig's house in Farmington... they have a beautiful home and it was so sweet of them to have everyone over!

There was a white elephant gift exchange, of course! And here is the treasure that Troy and I came home with.... we love it and thought it was hilarious! Don't be surprised if you see it hung up in our house... haha!
The night was not complete without a VERY EMBARRASSING story of course.... We had never been to Charlotte's house so we put the address into the navigation system and headed out. We arrived on the street and went to the house with all the cars in front of it.... some kids opened the door. I didn't recognize them, but it's been a really long time since I saw Lisa, Chelane or Charlotte's kids so I didn't really think anything of it. There was a pile of shoes by the door, so we were taking off our shoes when a lady I didn't recognized walked into the room and said hello. I look at her, said hello, thought for a moment.... and very quickly realized that I had no idea who this very nice and polite lady was... I said, "We are in the wrong house!" She laughed and asked who we were looking for. She told us Charlotte and Craig lived across the street... but very sweetly invited us to stay for her daughter's birthday. Haha! We declined and laughed as we put our shoes on and walked across the street to the proper house. I am sure Charlotte will greatly enjoy the stories of her crazy cousin walking into the neighbor's house! Hahaha!!

We also had the privilege of meeting Natalie's new baby, Elizabeth.... she is such a little cutie!! Troy and I had a great time playing with her all night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!! I didn't realize you had gone inside and taken off your shoes. That makes the story even funnier.
Apparently I'm logged on as McKenna, but it is me, Trish

shortandsweet said...

Sounds like something that I would do.