Monday, October 13, 2008

Winter already?

I am back in Utah and boy is it cold!! Haha!

Just wanted to pop-in and say that I had a wonderful time with the family! We all missed Troy (and Brett), but made the best of it. :)

I will post tons of pictures from the Albuquerque trip soon, but in the meantime - Happy Birthday Joe!! :)

And here is a small preview...
This patchwork one in the center is an "antique" - It's one of the original balloons from when the festival started, which I think they said was in the 70's. Pretty cool to see it still flying.
The Cow is HUGE... can't recall the exact statistics but the "Balloon" weighs 910 pounds and it requires a crew of 16 people. It's something like 80 feet tall... it was very cool! The feet of the cow even hang down farther that the basket.

5 comments:

shortandsweet said...

Love the balloons. Have you ever gone up in one? That is pretty cool too and you get a very different perspective.

jennifer said...

nope.... I am not sure my fear of heights could handle that. Haha! Maybe someday! :)

The Childrens Nest said...

Wow you were only 3 1/2 hrs from me!! Back in 1985 my mom went to Alb to see the hot air balloons with Mike and Sheila Browning and they LOVED it! How fun for you! I am so glad you are using some of the Halloween ideas, I just love this time of year (as if you couldn't tell) Thanks for all of your sweet comments! Chat soon...
Tiff

Kimber said...

So beautiful. I remember seeing something like that going on in Manti during my sis's wedding 2800 years ago. Must be a UT thing. haha

ede said...

FUN TIMES!
SO GLAD YOU COULD BE THERE.