Friday, June 13, 2008

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

What a fun surprise in the middle of my Board meeting last night to get a text from Shelly saying she was at SPAMALOT!! Yeah!!! What fun!! Troy and I both loved it when the musical was in Salt Lake a little while back, and we still laugh about it!

After the Board meeting we went out for a late dinner with some friends that serve on the Board as well, and the newest dancer for the Ririe-Woodbury Company..... we talked and laughed about Spamalot (amongst other things) and had a wonderful time!!

So... in other news - I am not sure this was a wise decision on my part, but I accepted the nomination and have now been officially elected at the Vice-Chair for the Advisory Board of the Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company. It will be quite a bit more time and energy than last season, and I will also be taking on a much larger role in the planning of the annual fund-raiser.... but I am looking forward to it! I think it will be lots of fun, as well as lots of work.

In addition to my new duties, Troy has also been nominated as one of the newest members of the Board. He accompanied me to the meeting last night and everyone really loved having him there (and I did too!!). He will be a phenomenal addition to the Board and will do a great job. In the past year, even without being a Board Member, he already did more work and more for the company than some of the long-time Board members, so I am very excited for his continued support (especially with my new larger role) and the fact that we will get to work more closely on everything this upcoming season! Yeah!!

Tonight we are off to "Revenge of Yoga, the Musical" with a bunch of friends and tomorrow the Salty Crickets Concert, as I mentioned. So on that note.... Happy Early Father's Day to all you men out there! Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

ede said...

Are you crazy?
I'm crazy just thinking about your extra work because it seemed like so much before..
but congratulations..
I think