Wednesday, June 25, 2008

social networking...

I never really thought I'd get so into the social networking sites but lately I am finding it so entertaining to chat with old friends. LinkedIn and FaceBook have both been great for me in terms of getting back in touch with old high school, college and church friends. It's been very fun to see what everyone is up to. And its even been great for keep in closer touch with people I already talk to fairly often.... it's often distracting from other things I should probably be doing, but entertaining none-the-less. :)


The strange part is trying to sum up what has happened in your life in the past 15 or 20 years in just a few short sentences... haha! Today, for example, I was sent an invitation on LinkedIn from an old friend that I knew when I was at BYU. If I recall correctly, Kurt had just gotten back from his mission when we met.. probably late '92 or early '93? Unbeknownst to either of us at the time, he is also the cousin of a guy I dated in recent years (yeah that seems to be a pattern in my life - just like Jim and Troy... haha!!). Anyway, I think that quite a bit has happened in my life since 1993... But here is the quick summary I came up with....


" Let's see... when did we last speak.. 1993ish? The brief rundown is as follows - i graduated from BYU, got married, started working in the advertising agency world, and got a dog. Stayed in that industry for way too long and in the meantime got divorced. Went back to graduate school to get an MBA and then started working for the company I still work for now in the financial software/services business doing marketing. I dated a variety of people over the years since my divorce (including your cousin - small world, huh? Haha!) and then met Troy. So... living in Salt Lake and working at a job I love, dating an awesome guy, doing lots of volunteer work, and the proud 'mother' of 3 dogs - 2 Siberian huskies (my step-daughters) and my big Alaskan malamute. All is well! :)


Congrats on the marriage, the kids and law school! But really... Vegas instead of Colorado? I think you're nuts. Haha! :) "


It covers all the highlights (and the lowlights.. haha!) but, each time I succeed in writing such a short summary, it really makes me wonder... is that really all I have done with my life since High School/College/etc?
I really need to do some more exciting stuff!!

No comments: