Askie and I had a great weekend..... lots of lounging around, relaxing in the A/C (to avoid the sweltering heat), and even a few short walks. :) Askie's age prevents too long of walks, and the heat just magnifies that of course. But, he still enjoys getting out of the house and checking out the neighborhood. He inevitably gets glowing compliments from all the neighbors and kids that we run into, and he just loves it when they all come over to pet him and say hello. It's been so fun for me to have all this time with him, and I am happy that he is staying through next weekend too! Yeah!! However, it's supposed to be in the mid to high 90's all week... hopefully I can get him to wait a little longer into the evenings for his walks, when it will maybe cool off a little more! I don't like this heat much myself! haha!
Let's see... a few other fun things we did over the weekend.....
~ Troy, Colleen, Tommy, Sherri, TJ and I headed off to a wedding reception on Friday night for one of Troy's cousins... it was nice for us to see the extended family, and the reception was very nice. And, of course, everyone teased us about when we are getting married... even Uncle Victor. He told me to be sure not to let Troy get away from me. :) Haha!
~ On Saturday Troy and I got together with David and Cheryl Pace, and had a wonderful time! David is the Development Director for Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company and we both get along so well with he and his wife, that we just love spending time with them. The four of us went up to a party in Park City that was being given by a supporter and patron of the Dance Company, who also happens to be a very fun and nice woman. Beano (the hostess) was throwing the party for Andy's graduation (her sort-of surrogate son and former Italian teacher... also a supporter and patron of the dance company... and all around fun guy!) and it was a great party. There was a band, a delicious meal, yummy desserts, etc. And even a GORGEOUS view of all of Park City from her back patio. The view was seriously amazing! Anyway, the evening wouldn't have been complete without an aria performed by Andy... and boy, does he have a great voice! It was such a fun evening... we are looking forward to, hopefully, introducing David and Cheryl to the Symphony's Deer Valley Music Festival next month! Can't wait!
~ Also had a photo shoot with Steve over the weekend... great fun, as always!! He found this empty building that before being a club, was an old boiler room for the buildings on either side of it... cool exposed steel beams, steel railings and doors, brick walls, etc. It was very cool and he had a lot of fun working on all the lighting and props to capture the perfect shots. I have every confidence that they will turn out amazing! I can't wait to see them!
~ And the last big bit of news is that Troy has listed his '32 Ford on eBay.... the auction has been going for just about 2 days and the price has more than tripled from the opening price. Hopefully it will keep going right on up, and up, and up! It's been a very emotional thing for Troy to decide to sell the Roadster... as many of you know, restoring hot-rods was something that Troy really loved to do with his Dad. Since his Father passed away a few years ago, Troy has been a bit torn-up about whether or not to sell his '32. I have told him all along that it was completely up to him, and that I would support whichever decision he made - this past week, I think he finally just decided that it wouldn't be as fun without his Dad and that he really just needed the money and peace of mind a little more. So... I am trying to be supportive and I am very hopeful that the auction will go well. But, at the same time I know this is hard for him....

1 comment:
Askie... what a great old friend he is to you.
Post a Comment