
Today I am thankful for...
FREEDOM! :) Troy and I had such a wonderful 4th of July and it just made me so thankful for the freedoms that we have. We went up to Deer Valley to hear the Utah Symphony perform, and to have a little picnic. For anyone who hasn't been up there, they do lots of concerts up there during the summer. There is an outdoor amphitheater and you take blanks and/or beach chairs and sit on the ski slopes and have a picnic. Its very fun!
Anyway... At the beginning of the concert they had the Color Guard from the Air Force bring out the flag so that the symphony could play the National Anthem, while several people sang along. And right when the song was starting, an Apache helicopter flew right over the stage and then over the crowd. It was very cool. I just wish I had my camera out! Haha!
The concert was wonderful with lots of fun songs... a patriotic theme mostly (aside from the random selection from Star Wars. Haha!). Then towards the end they did an arrangement of songs from all the different Armed Forces... and all the people in the crowd who had served in each of the Armed Forces, and their families, stood up. It was very moving and a wonderful experience. There were people there from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Marines, and I think the National Guard too. It was a great experience. After that we headed down the canyon while watching the fireworks in Park City. Then when we hit the valley we got to watch the fireworks all the way home... they were going off at locations all over the whole valley. Very pretty! :)
Ok... now to back track a little.... Tuesday night we splurged and we to the dollar theater.. Haha! We went to see HOG WILD! What a fun movie! For anyone who has ever wanted a Harley, or some other type of cruiser, it is just a very entertaining movie! We laughed sooo hard and just loved it! However, it made us both want motorcycles again! We thought we had talked ourselves out of them.... we'll have to work on that again now. Haha!
And before heading up to Deer Valley on Wednesday we stopped in Park City, and stumbled upon a really cool art gallery on Main Street. They had a special exhibit going with some Picasso, Monet, Manet, Chigal and Rembrandt pieces. Several were lithographs, but some were original etchings, etc. It was very cool and we were happy that we had found it. What a pleasant surprise it was!
So who all is coming up later this month for the reunion, etc.???? I have plenty of room for all! :) By then I will hopefully have two guest rooms (both with beds. Haha!), and a freshly painted basement! The basement may still need new carpet at that point, but I hope to have the paint done by then. I have a friend who is here on a student visa... he also happens to be a widower trying to raise 4 children. He isn't allowed to seek employment but has offered 'handyman services' for very cheap prices.... so, I figure I can get some work done and give him some much needed help in the process. :) And it saves me having to do the painting myself! Haha!

No comments:
Post a Comment