Thursday, March 15, 2007

Love, Marriage and Murder...

Last night was one of our Opera nights... the Opera was called Lucia di Lammermoor. Its a romantic tragedy of sorts... similar to Romeo and Juliet where two families are feuding. A girl (Lucia) falls in love with a guy (Edgardo) from the other family but then is forced to marry a suitor (Arturo) that her brother picks out. She kills Arturo on their wedding night, and then dies herself. Edgardo, upon hearing of her death, kills himself in hopes of being reunited with her in heaven. It was all very tragic and sad but the music was gorgeous and Lucia's voice was amazing! Aside from being just a tad-bit too long for both Troy and I, we both thought it was wonderful! Mostly we probably thought it was too long because we hadn't had time for dinner before and we were both hungry! Haha!

I am definitely paying for my late night today though... I am so tired! I guess that will teach me to stay out late on a school night! (Don't worry Shelly already scolded me when I talked to her last night... after all she is the boss of everyone... hehee!)

Despite the fact that we are having VERY WARM weather here (I think its about 70 degrees out today!)... I am still very excited for my visit to the OC in a couple weeks! Troy won't be coming along though... he will be in NYC for his best friend's birthday. I am sad he can't make it to Cali but he hasn't seen Tony for more than a year and a visit is long overdue!

No comments: