Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our trip to the zoo...

Troy and I had been wanting a trip to the zoo, and since a few of the Burgoynes were in town... we went on Saturday! It was so fun... well, at least for Troy and I! Haha! I think the kids got a little worn out, but I still think they enjoyed it. At least, I hope so! The zoo trip consisted of myself, Troy, Joe, Daniel and Sarah. And Cameron came to join us a little later, but I somehow didn't get any photos of him... Sorry Cam! On the Rhino you see Joe, Sarah, Daniel and Troy.
My favorite was the White Alligator... there are only 10 in the world! It's not an albino, but instead an alligator with a genetic mutation that makes him (or her??) white. I was sooo happy that we got to go see him before he leaves Hogle Zoo. He is leaving at the beginning of October, so we may run up and see him again...Troy's favorite part of the zoo was the bird show... and I admit, it is pretty cool. I didn't get a lot of photos of that because those birds move pretty quick and I just wasn't prepared. But here are a few shots... and even a couple of Troy and I being silly during the show. :) The Big Cat Show was pretty cool too. They have everyone sit on the ground outside this little enclosure and they bring in the leopard. They talk about training the big cats, and then they get the leopard to do a few tricks. He gave a high five, rolled over, etc. It was pretty neat to see.And a few more random photos from the day:
Sarah watching the zebras...Sarah with the tigers...Here are Daniel and Sarah posing by the ape.... Joe and Daniel watching how fast the penguins can swim.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow, big crazy zoo fun!!

Janice said...

Awesome Zoo pictures and I really love the first one of you and Troy - very cute!

ede said...

love the animal shots