I think I must have decided that I was feeling left out with all the school stuff for Troy so... I applied and got accepted to the NonProfit Academy for Excellence at the U of U, and I enrolled for another Spanish class. Fun, fun!
I took my first NPA class yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it! It was a great experience and I met some wonderful people! I even learned a few things that I think will really help RWDC, Vivace and Studio D.
Spanish starts tomorrow and I am VERY rusty! I hope I can get through class ok! yikes!
As for the part of the weekend that wasn't spent at the zoo.... we had so much fun! We went to the Gallery Stroll on Friday night and had a wonderful time visiting with everybody! We also made another stop at the UMFA for one last tour through Monet to Picasso so that Troy could really spend some time on it.. we were so rushed last time. He was very happy that he got to go see it again. :)
One of the coolest things we did all weekend was go on a tour of a private collection that a couple in the Federal Heights area has in the their home. It was really neat! They had a ton of paintings, etchings, photographs, etc - but the BEST part was hearing their stories of how they acquired them, the story behind each piece, etc. It was such a wonderful experience and they were just the neatest people. We both thoroughly enjoyed the evening!
Sunday we also had the privilege of seeing TJ (Troy's nephew - Tommy's son) be ordained a Deacon. It was great to be there to show TJ our support - we are proud of him! It will be fun to see him pass the sacrament when we visit their ward!
OK... now I am off to practice my Spanish and get some stuff ready for the RWDC intermission parties this weekend... ahh, the joys of being on the Board... Haha!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
As for the rest of the weekend and this week....
Labels:
Gallery Stroll,
RWDC,
School,
Studio D,
UMFA,
Vivace,
Young Benefactors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment