Friday, July 18, 2008

I need a food scale!

It seems that it was just a week ago that I was telling Mom and Shelly that I didn't need a food scale... oh wait, it was! Haha! Well, maybe 2 weeks ago. My reasoning... I don't cook enough, I don't need to be that accurate on portions, blah, blah, blah.... and alas, here I am in need of a food scale! So, here are my questions... who has one? does it matter if its expensive or cheap? about how much do they cost?

All the executives at my company decided to engage in a weight loss/health contest for 90 days, and several of others decided to join in the "fun"... including me! Not sure what I was thinking there, but what the heck! I could stand to loose a few pounds and I could definitely use some extra motivation to get me to the gym.

So my strategy is to focus on portion sizes, rather than necessarily trying to overhaul my whole diet. I know I won't stick to it if I can't eat the foods that I like... hence, the need for a food scale! Ok... I am off to eat some carrots and drink another bottle of water!

3 comments:

ede said...

Good Luck
Shelly has a scale, she could answer questions for you.

Carly said...

It is always so much more fun to do something like that when you get to do it with others. Good luck and and I have no idea about food scales!

jennifer said...

Yeah.. it's been entertaining talking with everyone about what they are doing.... lots of extra water seems to be the consistent one. Darren cut out Coke, and I switched to Diet... Shocking!!! But, its just not as good, so we'll see how long my switch lasts.. Haha! The one good thing... since I don't like Diet as much, I tend to drink far less.