Lately I feel that I have been surrounded by loved ones, friends and acquaintances suffering from not only cancer but from several other medical conditions as well. There just seems to be something in the air and I often feel helpless to do anything about it. I know I can't fix it, cure it or even make much of an impact on any of it myself but... I thought I could at least get the word out about a few events coming up in SLC that will help make a dent!
So, in honor of this final day of "Cancer Screening and Early Detection Awareness Month" I thought I would start a list with some info about upcoming charity and fundraising events. And spring of course brings the start of the marathon, 5k and walk season... there are lots of those to look forward to from April-September!
- Huntsman Cancer Foundation has several events coming up... including a benefit concert (April 14th), a dance-a-thon (March 15-16th) and the Huntsman Cancer SL Marathon (April 21st). Check out their calendar of events at: http://www.huntsmancancerfoundation.org.
- May 12th is the Annual Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Race for the Cure.... this is always a memorable experience and I encourage everyone to participate! Get more info at: http://www.komenslc.org/
- April 14th is the American Lung Association of Utah's Tackle the Tower Stair Climb at the Wells Fargo Building, Downtown SLC. Get more info at: http://www.utahlung.org/index.php?PID=4&PGID=15 (utahlung.org)
More to come! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment