I haven't been great at posting lately... sorry! My schedule has just been a little nuts. Haha!
I have taken on a really fun project with Operation Kids. They are the national charity partner for the Ragnar Relays that take place across the country. This coming weekend is the Wasatch Back Relay. It starts in Logan on Friday and ends in Park City on Saturday. The course is 188 miles and the teams are made up of 12 people that each run 3 legs ranging in length from 3 to 8 miles each. We have an Operation Kids Booth at 4 different locations - the start, exchange 12, exchange 30, and the finish line. I will be spending some time at each of the 4 booths (and so will Troy, of course) on Friday and Saturday.... basically just under 48 hours straight of working... no sleep.... it will be a little nuts! But hopefully lots of fun too!
All of the proceeds raised at this event will be going to benefit the local chapter of Best Buddies - a great organization that works with down syndrome kids. I am very excited to be involved with this event and it has been such a rewarding and fun experience!
Also.... I found out that Lee is running the race, as is Jared. And Tricia - I hear you are driving a team van?? Be sure to watch for me at the OK booth at the start, finish, ex 12 or at the breakfast at ex 30! Hope you have a great time!!
P.S. I know some of you didn't know that Troy has been on crutches, but he is healing well and getting a little more mobile. :0) At basketball the week before last he dislocated his ankle and sprained it very badly. He really hated being on crutches and has been quite miserable... but he is walking better this week and feeling a lot better.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Cool Jen, I will definitely look for you at the starting line. We will not be at the finish line. We are the first van and have to leave Saturday morning as soon as their van is done. We've got a temple sealing that we really need to be at that morning, Robert's wedding and a funeral that Lee is conducting. Two weddings and a funeral and an all night long race. We are toast. And yes, I'm a driver.
Now I know more of what you were talking about on the phone today***
get well soon Troy.
Post a Comment