Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A life of leisure...

OK... it's not really a life of leisure when you are looking for a job, getting up to speed on coaching curriculum for your contracting job, stressed about money, and praying constantly that Troy passes all his classes..... BUT - I am enjoying sleeping in! :) Haha!

Getting laid off from any job isn't really any fun, but it especially sucks when it was a job that you loved. I have sort of been in mourning for the last 2 weeks... but I think I am finally snapping out of it.

I am still doing some consulting for the company, and I am working to get up to speed so that I can work as a "Money for Life Coach" when we get back from the holiday. The Money for Life Coaching Program is a program based on the books that I was the Editor for, and all the curriculum is taken from the books or from other articles that I either wrote or helped with so... getting up to speed hasn't been to bad. Haha! Hopefully come January the Coaching will keep me pretty busy, but I am still keeping my options open and looking for other jobs as well.

In fact... Troy and I have both decided that we should look for jobs in Salt Lake, but also in the other cities that we have talked about possibly moving to... so.... we'll see what happens. We are planning to explore all our options and spend lots of time in prayer to see where the Lord wants us to be. Leaving Salt Lake would make me sad in many ways (we would miss Troy's family and all of the work that we are doing in the Arts Community) but at the same time, the idea of moving back to the beach (and being closer to my family and old friends) sounds very appealing... so... we shall see...

Hopefully, in the meantime, I can complete my Non-Profit Academy Certificate Program before I get too busy again!

P.S. TROY WILL BE DONE WITH SCHOOL TOMORROW EVENING!!!!! HOORAY!!!!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Good luck trying to sort everything out. Those kinds of decisions always weigh so heavy on my mind. Sounds like you have quite a few good options though...that's always a great place to start!!