Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Parade of Homes...

What a fun weekend! We spent most of the weekend at the Parade of Homes... getting ideas for future houses, dreaming about houses we can't afford, etc, etc. Haha! I think my favorite idea though is the pantry pass-through door from the garage... very good idea!

Anyway, we met a home designer who we really liked and we loved his ideas! So if we ever get around to building a house, we will definitely be calling him! He even loved our idea of a dog run that has a door into a room just for the dogs... haha!

I am a little behind on our events for the last couple weeks so here is a quick run down....

- We finally had our first group dinner date with all of our newly married friends. Its nearly impossible to find a night that works for everyone but we finally found one that worked for the majority at least. Haha! So we headed out to dinner with 3 other couples and had a wonderful time just chatting and hanging out! Otter and Kim, as well as Michelle and James, got married in June and we hadn't seen any of them since their weddings, so that was extra fun. Shelly (the one who used to live with me) got married in May and she and her husband Dave came to join us for dinner too. These two photos are of Kim and I, and Otter and Troy. I look so tall in that photo of Kim and I... cracks me up! She and I are actually about the same height, she just was in flip flops and I was in tall wedges... haha! And as you can see from the huge water spots on Troy's shirt... haha... we obviously got caught in a bit of a downpour!

- We finally saw Transformers! Loved it! Both of us just thoroughly enjoyed the movie and it totally took me back to my youth. Haha! Anyway, I know its gotten mixed reviews but we loved it!

- We took a trip to the driving range a week or so ago... time for another one soon! I finished my golf lessons and am seeing some improvement. I am still hitting to the right but its slowly getting better. Hopefully I won't get too frustrated and quit before I get it fixed. Haha!

- I sparred last week for the first time since my foot surgery! I actually don't enjoy sparring that much, but it was fun to get back into it after being away for so long. My teacher wouldn't let me kick but my opponent and I worked on hand techniques, which was good practice for me anyway. I was teamed up with a blue belt who is just learning to fight so it was fun for me to be in a teaching position. I miss teaching... just don't know if I have the time to do it on a regular basis (and we all know I am way too out of shape!)

I think that's about it! :) Oh wait... I finally got the new mattress!! Yeah!!! Now I have two guest beds so bring on the visitors!

This coming weekend is the Dash for Donation.... 5K fundraising event for the Organ, Eye and Tissue Donation Awareness Campaign. I have volunteered at the event in past years, but I think this year we will participate instead. It's at Sugarhouse Park on Saturday morning. We'll be there bright and early! Well early none-the-less. Haha!

No comments: