Monday, August 20, 2007

Ghosts in The Secret Garden?

Ok.... so it has been ages and ages since I read "the secret garden" but I don't recall there being ghosts EVERYWHERE in the story. Haha! I vaguely remember the ghost of Lily being a key character but I don't recall Mary's parents being ghosts, or her servants, or several other couples that were friends of her parents.... anyway, we saw the play, The Secret Garden on Thursday and while I enjoyed it, Troy hated it. He never read the book and was thoroughly confused about what was going on. The one redeeming feature in his opinion was that one of his favorite Hale Center Actors was in it. This gentleman does have an amazing voice and a wonderful stage presence. He is always the star of every show to both of us, whether he is cast as the lead or not.

Friday we headed up to Deer Valley for the Symphony and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We packed a little picnic and lounged under the starry sky, after a very pretty sunset showing over the mountain tops. The guest artists for the night were a group called Time for Three. They are a trio consisting of a bass and two violins. I just loved their music and they were also very entertaining to watch. During one of the movements they added in a little jam session and it was just great! They were so into the music and were obviously having fun... so it made it that much more entertaining for the crowd too.

After the Symphony we headed over to the Vivace After-Party. For those that don't know - I am on the Advisory Council for Vivace, a group designed to help increase the attendan
ce to the symphony and opera by targeting a younger audience. We have 4 or 5 events each year and they consist of a symphony or opera and then an after-party where everyone can mingle with the guest artists, conductor, etc. Troy and I had the chance to visit with the conductor, David Chow, for a bit on Friday evening and were able to introduce him to a few of the newest Vivace members also. We also were able to visit with one of the members from Time for Three. They were such a fun group to watch and listen to. I hope they come play for us again soon.


Anyway.... we tried to get a picture of Troy and I at the symphony, but we were just in too silly of mood and didn't get a single photo that we aren't too embarrassed to share.. hahaha... so, you just get photos of the scenery. :)

No comments: