Spouse/Partner – Troy
Children – 3 beautiful “sled dogs” – Askie (14), Maika (7) and Aleusha (7). Hopefully the human children aren’t too far off. J
Occupation – I earn a living as a marketing consultant, personal finance writer and budgeting coach; however, I spend the majority of my time volunteering with performing arts organizations, charities and other non-profit organizations.
Where do you call home? Newport will ALWAYS be home, but we live in Salt Lake City, Utah. It’s beautiful here, but I do miss the beach. Luckily we visit OFTEN!
What do you remember most from HS? FRIENDS! I had some of the most amazing friends at CDM and other schools… I have stayed in touch with many of them & I am so grateful for their friendships! I also have fond memories of working at the Sweet Life, Halloween shaving cream fights in the greenbelt, football games, and school dances (Even when John Paulson dropped me on the dance floor at Winter Formal! Haha!)
What was your most embarrassing moment in HS? Hummmm… during our junior year I was dating a senior at Estancia. During a basketball game, he made a basket so I stood up and cheered... Obviously having forgotten that I was sitting on the CDM side at the time! Oops! Boy did I get some dirty looks! I quickly ran down the bleachers and over to the Estancia side so I could cheer for a few minutes. Haha! Needless to say, CDM still won by a HUGE margin… and I was thrilled!
In high school I was:
XX Between Groups
Other -- I was a total “social butterfly” just not really at our school... I spent most of my time with kids from other schools that I knew through my church. We were always having parties, etc… Fun times!
What is the most interesting or important thing you have learned since HS that has changed your perception of the world? That we all need to make an effort to be kind, polite and respectful to everyone, in every situation! It’s a very small world, and you never know when someone from the past will resurface and impact your current situation so… treat everyone with respect and kindness, always! And be sincere about it! J
And just for fun, if you had $1 million to give away… what would you do with it? I would try to spread the wealth around a bit… The list would include: scholarship funds, many health organizations (cancer, heart disease, LAM, asthma, organ donation, alzheimers, etc.), arts education programs, financial literacy programs, shelters & food banks, and of course the performing arts & visual arts as well.
The last question is "What else have you been up to since we last met?" I really have no clue how to answer that one....


2 comments:
This is great...and it's going to be so much fun to read everyone's entries. What a great idea.
I found it very interesting to read about your thoughts and memories.
Post a Comment