Ok... so I am a few days behind on posting anything about Thanksgiving but that's ok... :)
So here are a few things that I am thankful for....
I am thankful for my family - they are always a great support system for me and I consider them all friends as well. I sincerely enjoy time with my family, and I love every member of my famly dearly! I am also glad that Troy has had the opportunity to get to know everyone - he always tells me how much he enjoys spending time with my family, and that makes me very very happy to hear.
I am thankful for Troy's family - they have accepted me as part of the famly and have opened their hearts and homes to me without question. I love every minute that I get to spend with them, and I love each and every one of them dearly!
I am thankful for my friends... I have some of the most wonderful friends and I often wonder how I got so lucky!
I think most of all this year, I am thankful for Troy - he not only makes my life complete, but is the other half to my soul. He amazes me each day with how supportive he is of all that I want to do, am doing, and dream of someday doing. He is always so willing to help when I need it, whether I ask for help or not. He is there for me to lean on, and let's me do the same for him. He always reminds me that we are a team, and helps me remember that I don't have to do it all myself. He understands my weaknesses and tries to help me make them into strengths, but is always there to catch me when I fall or stumble. He loves and appreciates my strengths, and all that I am able to accomplish with them (and while he may tease me about them at times, he is also the first to brag about me, or about the things that I have done or am working on). He is truly my best friend. He can always make me laugh, and is constantly making me smile. I love Troy with all my heart and I look forward to spending my life and eternity with him!
Last, but certainly not least - I am especially thankful for the plan of salvation and the atonement.... I am thankful to Heavanly Father for all the gifts that he has bestowed upon me in this life and I look forward to returning to be with him one day.
P.S. We got into a discussion with Troy's family the other night about where Troy and I should get married... none of them really liked the Nauvoo idea, but Colleen liked the Portland idea a lot. And a few seemed to like the New Zealand idea a little too. They also liked the idea of renting a beach house and having the wedding at the NB Temple... so.... who knows where we will actually end up! Oh... and little Sara (4 yrs old) thought we should get married at the SLC temple, because thats where her Mom got married. But then she changed her vote to the Desert Star Theater when she heard us talking about going to a play there last week. Haha!

4 comments:
well stated
thanks for sharing, love you too.
where did the idea of portland come from?
NB temple would make our family happy
Troy's Dad was raised in the Portland area. So the idea came up as a sort of tribute to him since he won't physically be there with us.
And did I miss the official announcement somewhere? I'm thinking Hawaii is nice :)
No official announcement... haha.... we just realize that if we want to do a destination wedding, we need to be discussing it early. haha!
Post a Comment